16 Apr 2010

The restaurant behind Tawakal Hopital, Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur

Remembering shop names is not really one of my strongest points (as there are so many outlets) but remembering food names, I have no issue. So you might notice that I talk more of the food I eat rather than where I eat them hahahaha!

In KL, outdoor dining is the best, well away from passing traffic... Dangerous motorist zooming past are a big no-no when wanting to enjoy a good meal.

Thankfully, this awesome "tai chow" (literal translation = big fry) is tucked away in dark alley (don't be scared when you approach) parallel to one of KL busiest road, Jalan Pahang.

Hokkien-fried Mee Hoon: Usually mee hoon is dry but this was nice and soft~!

Hokkien-style fried Kuey Teow: Can we say uber delicious, super tasty noodles cooked in lard? (my love for lard just keeps growing at every bite)...May sound nasty but it is REALLY GOOD, trust me!

Hokkien-style fried Mee: Got greedy and only took one bad shot of my beloved Hokkien Mee...presentation-wise is never the best but the taste is out of this world! *om nom nom*

Fried Roasted Pork (must be Hokkien-style, look how black it is!)

Sweet, Sour, Spicy Lala: A lil' snack in between in the lardy goodness...the gravy was so yummy that I was tempted to get a bowl of rice, but contained myself - can't be too greedy!

Homemade Fish Cakes: steamed to perfection with a nice texture inside.

Okay I'm officially hungry again after writing this - Hokkien Kuey Teow is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE, without a doubt.

1 comment: