12 Apr 2010

Eat & Go: Singapore

Malaysians are pretty competitive when it comes to food and we sometimes don't like to admit that there are pretty good food in neighbouring Singapore. 

Hey, I don't discriminate and I love food in general...ENJOY!

Frog legs porridge, Geylang: Great comfort food on a rainy evening (well it wasn't raining that night but I'm sure it would be good on a cold, wet night)

Lam Mee, Tanjong Pagar Food Centre: Comfort in $2.50 bowl...be warned the shop aunty was pretty fierce!

Buffet spread, Element @ Amara Hotel: Crayfish, scallops, prawns, mussels, etc...great lunch time spread, not for the faint-hearted! The dessert was pretty awesome but I was obviously too busy stuffing my face to take a pic - sorry!

Snack & Drinks, Alphabet @ Amara Hotel: Late night snack, Tuna Ceasar Salad and the (touristy) Singapore Sling...

Wan Tan Mee, Sunshine Plaza: I'm a big wan tan mee fan and admit that this is my first time trying the Singapore version. It's very colourful and surprisingly homemade tasting. I give it a thumbs up!

Muffins, Sunshine Plaza: Another homemade tasting place...the banana walnut muffin is to die for! I'm always a sucker for chocolate chip so I got that and picked on my friend's banana walnut! Get in early before the college/school crowd snap them up!

Massive Burger, PS. Cafe, Palais Renaissance: So when I ordered the burger, the waiter gave the "one-eyebrow-up" look. I hate when people do that to me and think I can't eat! So I took the challenge and what can I say..I did finish most of it except the chips (didn't want to go into a carbo coma...)

Now I think I have to start eating more salads (and to stop challenging my stomach) so I can look as hot as my gorgeous friend, El! Yes, the salad was tasty! Might start reconsidering a diet overhaul...

But looking at the dessert bar...maybe...NAHHHHH!

We packed this super-rich chocolate cake...I think it was called Double Chocolate Blackout Cake which was MASSIVE and we divided it between 3 people and each piece looked like a normal sized slice! Yes, this was only 1/3 of the cake - can you imagine?

Vietnamese Spread, Hue Restobar @ Amara Hotel: A lovely lunch al fresco with sampling size dishes. Well I always thought Vietnamese food was best eaten in Vietnam but the food here wasn't that bad either...A lovely meal before my flight back to KL...

As my friend Kang rightly said, "It's food with soul." LOVE IT! Everything does need soul in it - paired with lovely company, the whole meal experience is perfect xoxo

For my visual diary of my trip, read here!

No comments:

Post a Comment